Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2022

The Boys' New Rooms

The boys have been asking to switch their rooms for a while now. Miles wanted to move to the guest room that has an attached bathroom. Carson wanted to move to Miles' old room since it has the loft bed. I told them we would do it this summer and planned to do it for their birthday presents since we would have to buy some new decor and I had planned to paint. They pushed the issue and just started sleeping in their new rooms. So, in December (actually the week of Christmas) we went ahead and moved them. I didn't have the time or energy to paint, so all we purchased was a new comforter for Miles since the old guest comforter was rather feminine. We bought him an Ugg comforter and it is amazing. It's kind of like a heavy, but very soft, Sherpa throw. He LOVES it. The only downside to it, is it moves all over the place. We still need to hang stuff on the walls, but he is loving his new space. 


This furniture is what we had in the guest room. The desk was actually in the closet. I used to wrap presents on it. I miss my little wrapping station very much. The desk works well for him for his video games. We have plans to paint and remodel the bathroom, but who knows when that will happen. His bathroom is the one room in the house that we didn't remodel when we moved in and it shows! But, it's his very own bathroom and he doesn't care at all that it's outdated. It's very nice for us that he has his own bathroom because he doesn't use our shower anymore and he's not fighting with Carson in the bathroom they used to share.


He has a really nice closet that I miss terribly! It was my storage space and out of season clothing storage. I ended up having to take back the top on the right side to put Rubbermaid tubs of clothes. I just didn't have anywhere to put them and I didn't want to have to put them in the attic.


My favorite thing about his new room is the fact that I can lay in his bed and talk to him. When he was in the loft bed, we couldn't do that. His room is right off of the kitchen, so it's easy to pop in and out of there to talk. Now that he is almost a teenager, he's in his room a LOT. One night I just laid in his bed and read while he played video games. 


Carson's new room didn't change much, but he is thrilled to be in there. At least it got a good cleaning and organizing on moving day.


Both boys did a good job of helping when we were moving their rooms. We actually got most of it done in around 5 hours. 


George, Carson's monkey, got a special spot on his shelf in the closet :)


Having a Kleenex box up in his bed is one of his favorite things for some reason.


Sleeping in his new bed for the first time. Before moving, he would always tell us that he wanted a big bed like Miles because it's not scary. I finally figured out that he meant he wanted a loft bed. True to his word, he is not scared in the loft bed at all. Being scared in his old room was quite a problem. We have since taken out over half of these stuff animals. They were taking over the bed.


The guest room is simple and plain for now. It will eventually get a makeover. I don't know when that will be. There's so much I would love to do around the house, but most of the time, I just don't care that much. I hate that we downgraded our guests from a king to a queen bed, but the furniture that is in Miles' room wouldn't fit in this room. 


I originally wanted to wait until we had time to paint and decorate, but I am so glad we went ahead and just went with it as is. The boys are loving their new spaces just as they are and we are very happy for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment