Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2020

Weekend Wrap Up

The weekend was about Dad & Miles time and Mom & Carson time. Unintentional, but that's just the way it worked out. Miles had the opportunity to go hunting for the first time. It was a youth hunt. Darrin's cousin's husband took Darrin & Miles. He was ready to go with his new sunglasses and boots from Christmas.


While they went hunting, Carson and I jumped on the trampoline. He was sad about them leaving, but the trampoline cheered him up. 


We also made popcorn with butter per his request. The popcorn popper always equals happiness.


We played with a lot of his new Christmas gifts.


Darrin and Miles got there a little early so Miles could practice shooting with Tony.


Miles was so excited about going. I wanted him to have a great time, but selfishly I did not want him to get hooked b/c I'm not sure we have the time or money for another hobby. 


They saw some deer as soon as they got there, but they were too far away to shoot.


Some deer started getting closer towards the end of the afternoon, but a truck in a nearby field scared them off and he never had the opportunity to take a shot.


This morning during church Carson fell asleep and started snoring. 


I guess it was just too much excitement over the last few days. Carson isn't one to fight sleep. When he's tired, he usually tells us or even asks to go to sleep.


Today was the last day of the youth hunt, so they went back with Tony. They saw some deer at the very end, but ran out of daylight. As Darrin said, it was a good life lesson that some things take work and patience. He had a great time even though he never got to take a shot. 


Carson and I hung out again. We jumped on the trampoline again and just did things around the house. He was good, but wanted my attention all.day.long. It was a little exhausting.


Carson was all about helping today. It's hard when they want to help at this age b/c helping means the task takes twice as long. I had the time today, so I let him help. First, he put the silverware away from the dishwasher. He kept saying, "I being so good."


He also helped me make a dessert after dinner. I made the Creamy Tomato Cheese Tortellini soup again and he ate his whole bowl. Afterwards, he yelled from the living room, "thanks for making me that dinner."


Back to work and daycare tomorrow. Everything is done for the day and we are so excited to watch the Titans' game now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment