Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

New Year's Eve & One Thing Lead to Another

We spent our New Year's Eve at home. We have never done much to celebrate the new year but having kids solidified that for us. Miles had a friend over to spend the night. They 'socialized' with electronics for a day and a half. 


We figured we would be watching TV in our pjs all night and asleep by midnight, but some friends stopped by for take out and a game of Rack-O, which is our new favorite. Sadly we didn't get a pic of them, but they took one of us to send to their daughter whom we know well. It was a fun, chill night catching up with old friends that we haven't seen in a while.


Carson entertained himself rather well while they were here and then I laid down with him in our bed until he fell asleep. When Miles has a friend over, it always works best for Carson to sleep with us. We are on the opposite end of the house and we don't have to tell Miles to be quiet a hundred times. 


This morning it was all about getting the Christmas decorations down and getting the house back in order. I saw this on FB and it was spot on.


I've been wanting a new TV stand for the sun room for a while. We've been using a toy bin from IKEA and I'm over it. I watch TV in the sun room almost every night and I want to fix the room up a bit. I have to shut the French doors b/c Darrin watches TV in the living room. Even though the room is heated and cooled, the windows keep the room very cold in the winter. Because there is no wall space due to the windows, the stand had to be a corner unit. I found this one on Amazon and it looked like it would just barely fit the space I needed. The electric fireplace heats up to 200 square feet which is more than I needed. After we got all of the Christmas decorations put away, we put my new TV stand together and it fits perfectly. The picture doesn't really do the stand justice. It is really pretty. I am so pleased that it fits and will serve exactly the purpose I need it to. As for all the toys that were in the IKEA piece, they are going to the boys' rooms. They both has a book shelf that will hold everything with just a little organization.


The TV in the above picture was actually the TV that we had in our living room. We've been wanting a bigger TV in there and a bigger TV in the sun room. In true McClure fashion, we impulsively went and bought a 65" TV tonight and made the TV moves. I love the new TV in the living room, but I'm going to have to get used to how big it looks on our TV stand. I may have to do some more decorating which was already on my mind. 


Well, since we had the TV from sun room, that meant that Miles' finally got a TV in his room again. It was originally his TV, but he lost the privilege several years ago and we never put it back. He was so happy when he figured out that we were buying a new TV b/c he knew what that meant for him. He really wants his PS4 in his room, but we aren't ready to go there yet. Plus, Darrin plays it after the boys go to sleep, so it's better that it's in the living room. Miles bought the PS4 with his money and I could tell that he almost went down that road, but thought better of it. Smart kid.


And then this picture b/c it's true. We'll never tell him that he's the boss and we work all day, every day to ensure that he doesn't think he is, but still, he dictates so much of what we do, say, and how we feel....and that goes for all three of us.


Today was my only day off of work this week and after all we've done around here, I'm ready to go back tomorrow for some rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment