Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Back in the Routine & 3 Pics

Well it's day two of getting back into our routine. 2020 looks like a great year, especially for bankers.

I had to be out of town for work last night, but Darrin held down the fort and got the kids to school, fed, and in bed at a decent hour. We did some meal prep on Sunday to help us get back on track with eating a little healthier. Speaking of...Carson has been doing a little better. He's been eating more, and a few healthier options. His nightly snack right now is apple slices and almonds. We buy the roasted & salted almonds and we found him sucking the salt off the almonds and swallowing them whole. I had to threaten him that if he didn't chew them I wouldn't buy them anymore.

Miles got a cool Lego from Santa. He finished it and he and Carson have been playing with it. So far, Carson has listened to Miles and followed the rules for playing with it.


My guilty pleasure, The Bachelor, started last night. I went out to dinner with my work friends and then cozied up in my hotel room, in my new shirt, and watched the second half of the show. I wasn't mad about a nice dinner and solid night of sleep in a nice hotel. I am excited to watch the beginning of the show when I finish this post. It's a great escape after a Monday (or Tuesday in this case) after work.


I got stuck in traffic on my way home today, so it took longer than expected. I had planned to work out on my way home since I didn't get to yesterday. I really didn't want to, but I did. That's the good thing about 9 Round. It's only 30 minutes, so I can convince myself to go even when I don't feel like it. I pulled into the driveway around 7:30pm and saw deer in the backyard with my headlights. The boys took with flashlights and night vision binoculars to check them out. Their bare feet were cold on the concrete, so they took a blanket to stand on. It was cute. They LOVE to look for deer.


They seem to be settling back into the routine. Both boys were asleep, in their beds, by 9pm tonight, so that is on schedule for sure. When I asked Miles if he was excited about going back to school yesterday, he said that he wasn't. He said that everyone would act bad. He said they always talk and act up when the teacher leaves the room. He's such an adult. He also told me tonight that he was the second best kid in the class today for the sub, which lead me to ask who was the first. He named the kid, but said that he was quiet, but didn't follow the rules because he drew all day and you aren't supposed to do that. Then he said, and I quote, "He always exploits the substitutes." Bless his heart. I'm sure it's hard to be surrounded by such unruly children all day long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment