Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2019

Weekend Wrap Up

Darrin left on Thursday for two away games in Florida and Alabama. Miles went to his first overnight church trip on Friday night. It was only one night which is just his speed. He's not much on being away from home. He was so excited when I picked him up from school and we went to church to meet everyone, but he was a little nervous too. The only time he really gets homesick is at bedtime, so I packed a melatonin and told him to take it if he was sad and he would fall asleep quickly. 



Two of his baseball buddies went also. When I picked him up on Saturday he said he LOVED it. But then when I asked him if he wanted to go back next year, he was already hesitant. He said he did take the melatonin and he didn't act like he was ever that sad. Progress!



While Miles was gone on Friday night, Stephanie came over to watch Darrin's game online with us. I cast it on our TV and generally it's good quality. Unfortunately, the wifi kept messing up and the picture and camera angles weren't great, so it was a pretty frustrating experience. We lost on Friday night and won on Saturday. Still having a great season!



We facetimed with Darrin. He likes to see the boys and of course they like to see him.



Many times it leads to a fit when daddy says goodbye. 



After two big fits on Saturday morning, I decided we needed to get out of the house. We needed a few things from Lowes and I knew that would be a great place to kill some time. Carson calls it "Yo's". He loves to ride in the race car buggies and test out all of the lawn mowers. 



After Lowes, we played at home until it was time to pick Miles up. No nap on Saturday made for a LONG day and lots of fits before bedtime.


After church today, Miles and I went shopping for some basketball shoes. Baseball season is over and basketball practice has already begun. Miles has played Upward basketball at a local church for the last two years. He loves basketball and seems to have a natural talent for it. It's probably in his genes from Darrin. So, we bit the bullet and signed him up to play travel basketball this year. He's playing with several from his baseball team. I'm excited about it. I hope this becomes the sport he loves. He has way more confidence with basketball and selfishly I am team "indoor sport".



In keeping with our tradition of letting the house completely go all weekend and then cleaning on Sunday night, we had some work to do this afternoon. We also worked outside the house a little. We are hosting senior night at our house this weekend, which will be around 80 people. It's not as much work as it sounds b/c it will be outside, but we did have some things that we needed to get started on.



This week, we have a PTO meeting (Miles got student of the month and this is where they recognize them....clever), basketball practice, three volleyball games, senior night, and I have an overnight work trip. Doesn't that sound fun??? The only time I have to work out is tomorrow and Wednesday morning before work, so it's almost bedtime for me. I haven't worked out at 5am since I've been going to the new place. Can't say I'm looking forward to it. I'll report back on how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment