Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2019

Happy Halloween!

Carson had zero interest in wearing his costume to school. I have no idea why, but he did the same thing last year.



The teachers got it on long enough to take a picture with the other Chases :) Carson would say "Same, same!" about this.



I think they partied all day. He like hitting the "punkin". 



Miles also had no interest in dressing up for school. In the pictures that his teachers posted, I noticed several of his friends didn't dress up. I guess some of them are outgrowing it. He only wants to be "something scary" which you can't be for school.



I suggested a baseball player, football player, or a hunter, but he turned his nose up at all three. I asked him if he ever regretted not dressing up on days like this or a theme day once he got to school and saw everyone else and he convincingly said no. If he doesn't care, I definitely don't. I just didn't want him to miss out just b/c I didn't help him.



After work, school, and daycare, we picked up our online grocery order and grabbed some Taco Bell.



Miles went trick or treating with Mason and his family while Carson and I stayed home. It was really cold (the 30s is cold for us) and I had to pack Miles for his church retreat tomorrow night. I'm so glad I was home b/c I worked nonstop all night on dishes, laundry, packing, etc. It's 11:30pm now and everything is finally finished. Miles wanted to be an LED stick figure but when we finally got around to ordering it on Amazon, they were sold out. We picked up this light up, voice activated mask at Walmart for $10 and he was thrilled. He couldn't wait to wear it all day.



They were able to join with some other friends and trick or treat with them.



Miles was sad that Carson couldn't go. I told him that Carson would slow him down and Miles said, "But it would be more fun." Miles told Carson that he would get some candy for him. As soon as he got home, Carson gave him the biggest hug and told him thank you. They sorted his loot together, chocolate in one pile, candy in another. I've taught him well.



I thought it might be raining tonight, but it turned out to be a fun night for both of them. Miles got to spend time with his best friend and Carson enjoyed being home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment