Pages

Monday, May 27, 2019

Weekend Wrap Up

First a quick weekend wrap up and then some big news. We've had a busy weekend with family, but unfortunately I did not do a great job of taking pictures. Last Thursday, the boys and I went to visit my mom. We spent some time outside playing at her house and at a playground nearby.




She has a beautiful yard. She spends many, many hours working on it during the summer. We were able to help with a little job, so at least she marked one item off her list. Miles kept saying to me that he didn't know how she keeps up with everything.





We only spent one night b/c everything revolves around Carson and it worked out best for us to leave at 8pm the second day rather than spend another night and leave the next morning. The plan was successful (with the help of Benadryl) and he slept almost the whole way home. When I rolled into the driveway at 10:15pm, I was able to carry him straight to bed and he slept until morning. The electricity went out for a couple house at my mom's house the one night we stayed so the boys entertained us with a riveting game of charades (all animals :)


We spent the rest of the weekend at home. It was a nice mix of work and pleasure. Darrin and I were each able to mark a few things off our to do lists. I bought this new chair on Amazon last week. I actually kicked back with my feet up more than usual for me. I am trying hard to enjoy rest rather than constantly find ways to stay busy. I'm terrible at it, but I think it's so important. It felt beautiful in the shade. A little someone kept trying to steal my chair.


But he also brought me a flower. Apparently it was just to show me b/c he wouldn't let me keep it. 



Darrin's parent came down for dinner last night and spent the night. We enjoyed having them, but I don't have a single picture to show for it. After the rainiest spring we've had in a long time, I am so thankful for a beautiful weekend.

And now for the big news. I shared a couple weeks ago that I was starting a new job. Tomorrow, I am going back to my old job. The last thing my old boss said to me was that if I got over there and didn't like it, to give him a call. After two days at the new job, I took him up on his offer and called him to find out if his offer still stood for me to come back. It's been a tough experience to endure, but I am so excited to go back to work tomorrow. I had to go back through the hiring process which meant waiting for a background check and drug screen. That's just part of working for a big company. Something that would have made me roll my eyes in the past now makes me appreciative for set guidelines and procedures. The two weeks I was off work allowed me time to get caught up at home. 

In some ways I worry that I ran ahead of God on this decision, but I also know how I was feeling and it did not feel like the right move. While I know that God's blessings may be richer down a particular path, I also know that he is at the end of every path I could ever choose, so I trust in that. I missed my old co-workers so much and something about the new job just didn't feel right to me. At the end of the day, my old job is still a very busy pace that is difficult for my family, so I have thought through some ways to try to improve that. I am going to be diligent about trying some new ways of doing things. My boss said he would help me find ways to cut down on travel too. Everyone at my old job has been so welcoming and gracious about me coming back. It's been a humbling experience in feeling like I made a poor decision, but also in how I've been welcomed back so warmly. One of my managers jokingly said I better never pull a stunt like this again and I could not agree more. I am definitely here to stay. I would have never know the feeling if I didn't give it a try, so I'm grateful for that. I think my outlook will be much different now. I cannot wait to go to work tomorrow! So thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment