Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2022

Weekend Wrap Up

It's been a great Thanksgiving weekend for us. Carson's teacher posted this on their classroom page. I asked Carson which one was his...turkey and pie, which made me laugh. He wants to eat all the time because he's growing and likes to have something to do, but he is definitely not a foodie, like Miles, yet. 


We celebrated with Marmee and Granny & Pa at Darrin's cousin's house.


It took some time, but Miles won over the youngest of the group, Everleigh.


Carson and I ate our Thanksgiving lunch together.



Darrin's cousin set this up in the garage for the kids and Carson played on it almost the entire time we were there. 



Crystal brought their new dog and everyone loved him. He was soooo good.


These are two of Darrins' cousins. We were at Amanda's house (on the left). Darrin grew up on the same property as both of these cousins and they have always been close.


We played a game. This is how we faired....


Pa and I were both turkeys.


We are so thankful to have these moms and grandmothers in our lives. I love that they both live close by and we get to see them often.


Pa & Granny came to our house for the first in a while. Everyone has been so busy. Carson and Pa had a lot of catching up to do.


We played Farkle, which is one of Carson's favorites right now.


We put up our Christmas decorations on Friday. It looks the same as it always does. I was telling Miles that I wish I had some new stuff because it always looks the same. He said that he doesn't think that is a bad thing and that he kind of likes it that way. It prompted me to ask him what his favorite decoration is. He immediately said our Christmas dishes. I never would have guessed that. We registered for our Christmas dishes when we got married and have used them almost every year for 20+ years now. I'll have to post a picture soon.


I love when our sunroom is decorated for Christmas. It makes me want to turn out all the lights except the tree and watch a Christmas movie, which is not like me at all. 


We all couldn't wait to watch the Titans' game today. 


Unfortunately, it didn't go our way. 


After lounging around watching the game, Darrin and I had to dress up again and go to a wedding. It was 10 minutes from our house and we didn't stay long after the quick ceremony because the boys were home alone. I wore a knee length dress with open toed shoes only to discover the wedding was outside. It misted rain the whole time but surprisingly I didn't freeze. Side note...I learned how to curl my hair with the flat iron. It was by accident because I forgot to turn on my curling iron and didn't have time to wait for it. 


Time to go get Miles from basketball practice. He is cleared to play this week since getting the cast off and we can't wait to watch him!

No comments:

Post a Comment