Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2021

Weekend Wrap Up

On Friday night, I drank an energy drink after work and decided to get a lot of chores done, so I didn't have to spend all weekend doing them. That mostly meant a lot of laundry. I'm not sure I've seen Carson as happy as when he put on warm clothes straight from the dryer, specifically shorts, sans underwear, which is how he rolls. It was pure joy.

He was also pretty happy to have Darrin home after a late practice. Preseason is tiring for Darrin and L-O-N-G for the rest of us. Preseason is the very definition of "the days are long, but the years are short".

Due to the previously mentioned energy drink, I was up late on the couch and heard Carson crying in his room. I thought he was just whimpering and would go back to sleep, but I ended up having to check on him when his crying got worse. His whole body was shaking from a bad dream. I scooped him up and put him in bed with Darrin. He comes to our bed at least once a week b/c he's had a bad dream. We always talk to him the next day about staying in his bed. Now that I've seen how scared he was, I will be hesitant to lecture him about staying in his room. I'm sure he'll outgrow this phase in time and if he needs to come to our bed a few times so be it. 

Darrin had volleyball all day on Saturday. I was glad that Stephanie came to hang out and help me pass the day. I was afraid it was going to rain all weekend, but we soaked up some rays.

I'm not as fun as dad, but I did get in for a while and throw the football for them to catch off the diving board.

Carson is pretty good, but then, he's always been coordinated. 

Miles had a friend over to swim and as soon as we pulled in the driveway from picking him up, it started storming. So, they did what they do best.

Carson had a rough night after a day of swimming and too much electronic time. This was an epic fit. He lost his electronic time for Sunday which served as punishment and a much needed detox. 


No electronic time meant creative play time. It's easy to let him play the DS, especially when Darrin is gone all day, but there's a price. He's much happier when he's doing stuff like this.


Church and then a little time with dad before he had to go back to work. 


We were so happy to have the volleyball team at church with us this morning. Such a pretty group of girls, inside and out. Darrin's assistant coach (next to me) had a baby this summer. I got to meet him this morning and I am in love. 


After rain and clouds all day, the sun came out around 3pm and we were on it!


Miles worked on his diving skills.


I'm not sure what Carson is working on, maybe surfing, maybe ninja.


We have Roberto the robot that cleans our pool, but Darrin says it still needs to be scrubbed every now and then, so Miles did that today. Carson used a magic eraser and wiped the sides. The pool is still a novelty, so there wasn't any complaining. We shall see what next summer is like. 


This is Miles birthday week! We are looking forward to a good week and celebrating him on Saturday. On another note, my new computer is making all the difference with blogging. I love having a laptop, so I can sit with everyone else at night and blog while they watch TV or play, instead of being stuck at my desk. And more importantly, it's lightening fast compared to my old computer. I'm so thankful to have it after dealing with the other one for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment