Pages

Monday, May 4, 2020

Weekend Wrap Up

Of course the weekend included fishing. They enjoyed the beautiful weather on Friday while I wrapped up the work week.


They were both proud of their new life jackets. I feel so good knowing they are wearing them. That's a lot of responsibility for Darrin to have out there by himself.


I was so excited to come home from work on Friday and see them. Carson likes to meet me when I pull in the driveway and help me drive into the garage. It's quite a challenge for me to reach the pedals with him in my lap.


Miles had a surprise visit from one of his teachers on Saturday. They are finished with the school year and all the online learning, so she brought pixie sticks to say good bye. She even brought one for Carson, which was really thoughtful. He's had a good year and he said he was sad that it was cut short. Next year, he's off to middle school, which starts in fifth grade here.


The boys tended to the garden and analyzed every little sprout.


I hope Carson enjoys the garden half as much as Miles does.


Darrin built a watering system that sprays from above. We have very high hopes this year. The seeds are starting to grow and we are so excited.


Sunday, we picked up a grocery order, watched church online, and worked around the house. We stayed very busy all day and then cooked wings and homemade french fries last night.


Darrin, Miles, and I love them. It was time to introduce Carson to the family tradition. He didn't have the same appreciation, but we know he'll come around. I think he just wasn't hungry after eating a couple popsicles.


We have learned that he has to be very hungry at meal time or he will not stop to eat. He's just too busy to be bothered with eating. Miles is never too busy to eat, so this has been a learning experience.


I'm always sad to see the weekend go especially b/c the boys (all three of them) are home and the weather is beautiful. Thankfully the weeks do seem to go by quickly these days. Things are starting to open up around here and life feels like it is slowly returning to semi-normal. I'm not sure life will ever get back to normal, which is really sad for me, but I'll take whatever we can get at this point. I'll wish one day that I'd blogged more about the COVID-19 pandemic, but I've tried to keep my opinions to myself. I know that it's a sensitive subject and everyone has to form their own opinion and make decisions that are right for their family. So, I've tried to do that for my family and keep quiet even though those around me would probably argue how 'quiet' I've been. Maybe when we get past it a little more, I'll share my thoughts and how our family has handled it. Until then, I'll just keep living for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment