Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2020

The Best Part

Darrin and I both had to work this morning, so we asked a friend for help with Carson. Her daughter and Carson go to daycare together. They haven't seen each other in quite a while and we knew they'd love it.


Carson was nervous about Darrin leaving him there. Last night, he kept asking if Darrin was going to stay with him. This morning we told him that he should take Candyland to play with Mary Cameron and he was good with that plan. When Darrin got him out of the truck at her house, he said, "Okay Dad, you can leave now."


I think they had a great time and she said Carson was really good. I figured he would be. He saves all his best moments for us :) Miles used to do the same thing. No one could ever imagine Miles acting how I said he did. That reminder gives me much hope for the years to come with Carson.


Darrin picked Carson up around noon and then the boys worked in the yard. We don't let Miles drive Carson on the 4-wheeler...they were only going a couple yards. It's supposed to be beautiful all weekend and I can't wait to soak up some sunshine.


When I got home, Darrin took Miles to Academy to shop for fishing stuff and Carson and I chilled at home. Carson is always so enjoyable when you are one on one with him. He loves to have us to himself. We played, ate snacks, and watched Paw Patrol.


He is the sweetest snuggler.


Miles was paid his first salary today. He tithed & saved (our stipulations) and then he spent all but $5 on fishing stuff. His original plan was to spend all his money on a fishing pole for Carson. Very sweet thought even though I think his motive was to keep Carson entertained so he can continue to fish. In the end, he decided that Carson was too young, and we did not disagree with that reality. He was so happy with his purchases and came straight home to organize everything. I'll be curious to see if he has any regrets about spending all his money on the day he got paid. That's part of the learning process and there are no loans while you are waiting on your next paycheck.


We ended the night watching American Idol after Carson went to sleep. It was such an interesting episode watching all the contestants sing from their homes. I actually really enjoyed it.


The best part of quarantine has been the free time I have at night when I get home from work. Usually we are running here or there most nights of the week. Because there's nowhere to be, and Darrin and Miles are home during the day to get stuff done around here, I am able to spend most of my nights relaxing and hanging out with the boys. This is definitely one thing that I will try to make time for when things get back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment