Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2020

Weekend Wrap Up

I didn't take very many pictures this weekend, but I do have a few to share. The boys went fishing on Friday afternoon while I finished up the work week. Darrin sent me this pic and said we must be doing something right b/c Miles wanted to finish his book in the car on the way to go fishing. He's hot and cold with reading, but right now he can't get enough. He's reading Last Kids on Earth series. He's on the last book in the series and then he said he's excited to get back to the John Grisham books he was reading.


Darrin has started taking Carson fishing more and more (b/c they have to if they want to go!) and he's been pretty good. I don't think he was great on this day, but he sure does love to go.


Darrin and Miles each caught really big ones and Carson was excited to throw them back.


Fishing ranks up there with baseball for Miles. There is nothing he'd rather do more right now. He's been watching fishing videos on YouTube and taking notes.


It's either the practice, the research, or the new lures that he's bought on his own, but something is paying off. I think this is the fish that Darrin caught, but they tell me that his was really big too. Around here, they actually have fishing teams in high school and college. We like to imagine what he will do as he gets older and this is definitely a possibility. He's a country boy at heart.

  
The weather has been really nice around here and they are living it up. 


Carson picked out his clothes and got dressed all by himself. I just told him to go to his room and put on some underwear after he got out of the bath tub. I was shocked when he came back fully dressed. He could not have been any happier with himself. He said, "I do that again a-morrow??"


We used six cans of black spray paint and gave a lot of our outdoor furniture a face lift. Miles was a huge help. Carson was actually decent at it, but definitely slowed the progress down.


We had four chairs that were faded green or brown. Everything is matching and neat now.


When Carson concentrates on anything, you can bet his tongue is sticking out.


It was a rainy day today, but I snapped a few pics of the patio. It's amazing what some spray paint can do.




We had the prettiest fire. I still love our fire pit. Building that was one of the best things that we have done here. We use it all the time, whether it's for fun or just burning trash and debris. 


We had to stay inside all day b/c the rain. Since grocery pick up isn't working during these times, I spent half my day driving to Kroger and Sams to get groceries for the week. I'm not a huge Kroger fan, but Walmart is out of everything right now, while Kroger seems to stay fully stocked. Darrin did have to go to Walmart for a few things after I got home. After spending a ton of money at all three stores, we had most of what we needed to meal prep for the week. Feeding four people every meal at home takes a ton of groceries. We are ready for Monday through Friday.


We played our usual game of Catan every night. Playing games is hands down the best part of quarantine. Work is slightly less stressful these days, but it's still not fun b/c I'm confined to my office. I sure hope we are getting closer to reopening and getting back to normal. Fingers crossed and lots of prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment