Pages

Monday, April 20, 2020

10 Things

1) Most mornings when I leave, Carson is crying for me to stay or standing there looking very pitiful as I pull away. He's very attached to both of us, but at different times. He wants me in the morning and Darrin at night.


2) We learned a new card game called Garbage. Darrin's sister sent us a video showing us how to play. I'm sure you can Google it. It's very simple and easy to learn. I would like to play it more, but the guys only want to play Catan.


3) My new shirt feels very appropriate for home and work these days. Chaos everywhere.


4) Some of our friends came over and hid Easter eggs in our yard the Friday before Easter. Several of the eggs had a picture that related to the Easter story, along with a Bible verse. Both boys loved it, but Carson was especially excited. We had good intentions to pay it forward to someone else, but never got it done.


5) I worked from home one day last week. While I was home, my doorbell rang. I was on the phone for work, so I didn't answer it. When I checked later, I had the best surprise. My team left me the nicest card and a huge basket of goodies.


The theme of the basket was relaxation b/c they know I've been stressed (true story!). There were all kinds of snacks, drinks, a devotional book, and even bath bombs & soap from Buff City. They are the best.


6) I got ready for work and crawled back in to bed with Carson before leaving the other day. He snuggled right up next to me and said, "you smell good". Melt my heart.


7) Miles is so ready for baseball. He's been practicing a lot. Sometimes I've wondered how much he actually loves the game of baseball. I know he enjoys the team and being with his friends, but I've questioned how much he truly enjoys the game. I've seen a change in him this year. He is missing it and I can tell he's missing the competition. He's ready to get the season started again and we are ready to watch him! He wears his boots 90% of the time, even when practicing baseball.


8) Darrin and Miles have done some work for a lady in our church the last couple of weeks. While they've been working, Carson has enjoyed being spoiled by her. She feeds him snacks and even gave him two cars that were her grandson's. She has a new puppy that Carson loves playing with too. He's loving the attention and I think she's enjoyed him too.


9) We tried to Facetime my mom the other day, but she wasn't able to answer. I took a screen shot and told her we missed her. Those are some cute faces to Facetime with.


10) I had to work from home one day, so Darrin could actually go to work. That was no easy task. They wanted to be near me all day. It was sweet, but it wasn't the most productive day. Thankfully, Darrin has been able to stay home with them every other day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment