Pages

Monday, December 30, 2019

Weekend Wrap Up

We spent the weekend celebrating Christmas with my family. We stayed at my mom's house for two nights. Carson was 100% entertained by her toys all weekend. It was as if he didn't have any at our house. 


Miles drank coffee both mornings we were there. This is a new thing, but I think he genuinely enjoyed it. He won't get it every morning, but he enjoyed the treat. He and Darrin slept in the bonus room together while Carson and I stayed in the guest room. Darrin and I enjoyed a little one on one time with the boys, but I think that meant late nights for them. Meanwhile, Carson and I went to bed early.


On Saturday night, we had a family get together. We played a game where you had to unwrap presents wrapped inside each other while wearing oven mits and a Santa hat. When the person next to you rolled doubles, you had to pass the present to them. The goal was to find one of the little presents along the way or unwrap the last present which was a gift card to Subway. There were six presents total and my nephew's wife below got three of them. She was good or lucky!


It definitely revealed the competitive members of the family, one of which was Miles. This was his face when Darrin rolled doubles and he had to pass everything along.


Carson got to play with my great nephew, Will. He is over a year younger than Carson and as tall, if not taller, than him. They are completely different body types. Will is also like a feather compared to Carson.


They played well together even though Will is a little more serious and Carson is very energetic. I took 4-5 pics and Carson looks the exact same in all of them :)


A rare moment of Miles and Carson playing well together. It doesn't happen often. Darrin and I comment how nice it is every time it happens. 


On Sunday, we helped my mom take down her Christmas decorations, straighten the house, and then it was time to say goodbye. Carson handled goodbye better than I thought he would.


I must give a little credit to Carson. He was a pretty good traveler driving to and from my mom's, which is a little over two hours. He got a little restless both ways, but overall he was pretty good. I had to crawl in the backseat twice, but again, it was manageable. Miles sat in the third row b/c dealing with Carson can be extremely frustrating. 


After we got home on Sunday afternoon, we unpacked, watched the Titans win, and played a new game called Rack-O. I think it's been around a long time, but we just discovered it. We are hooked at the moment.


That sums is up. Christmas 2019 is officially in the books. I went back to work today. Carson went back to daycare. Miles went with Darrin to work and then they hung out a while. It's been a long month poor eating, crazy schedules, and spending way too much money. I'm happy to get back into a more disciplined routine. Bring on a new week and a new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment