Pages

Monday, May 20, 2019

Weekend Wrap Up

The weekend started with haircuts. Carson was completely uncooperative for the first time. Darrin usually takes him, so maybe he thought he could get away with it since I was there. 


Miles had a "Triple Play" birthday party for three of his baseball teammates. It was so nice that the parents planned it together. The party was at a Nerf 'battlefield'. Lots of sweaty boys.


That's a lot of kids with Nerf guns. By the end of the night there were more than a couple that were mad and/or crying, mine included.


For some reason, things like Nerf guns and dodge ball get 110% of Miles' effort and bring out his most competitive side...far more than sports. 


Carson spent the weekend with Granny & Pa b/c we left bright and early on Saturday morning for a baseball tournament. He had a great time. I think he was having too much time to stop for a picture.


Miles' team got a new banner for the dug out. I think they feel pretty big.


I didn't take many pictures b/c I just enjoyed the day since we didn't have Carson. I managed this one of Miles as catcher, talking to the pitcher. I would love to be a fly on the wall to hear what he says.

 

I was in full on Medina support with my orange glasses, blue shirt, Hornet hat, and 'Real Housewives of Medina' cup :) The weather was beautiful all day. I'm trying to protect my skin this summer with sunscreen, hats, and glasses. I put SPF 70 on before I left the house and reapplied during the day. I fared better than most. 


It started pouring during our last game of the night. Literally with one gust of the wind the temperature dropped what seemed to be 10 degrees. We all noticed it. It was the strangest thing I've ever felt. We eventually were rained out and the games were canceled on Sunday b/c the fields were not playable. It wasn't the best weekend for the boys, but they gained some experience that will no doubt help them get better.


We spent Sunday at home working outside. Darrin bought a trailer to work around the house. He and Miles did a good job restoring it and putting a new floor and sides on. It's going to be so helpful with yard work b/c we can pull it behind the 4-wheeler.


Carson loves to be barefoot, which is the opposite of Miles. I don't even like to be barefoot in my own house, so I can't relate, but I try not to get in the way of him being a boy.


The boys played together nicely. Carson used his 'mon-mower' to go to 'Mal-Mart' and get us cereal bars all afternoon :)


I wish the weather would have cooperated so we could have enjoyed more baseball and sunshine. We have this weekend off and then 4-5 weekends straight of baseball, so I'm sure we will get out fill of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment