Pages

Monday, April 29, 2019

Weekend Wrap Up

13 things from our weekend.

1) The car ride to school on Friday. Carson loves sitting in the middle of Darrin's truck so he can see out.


2) Friday night we attended the Top Dawg Awards at Darrin's school. It was the first ever athletic banquet of this type and it was excellent. The best part was a video of the athletes imitating their coaches. Lots of laughs were had. 


3) You know when you find the perfect outfit to wear...you can't wait...and then it doesn't look as you imagined it would? Yeah, that's what happened to me. It was fine, but I didn't love it like I thought I would. On the upside, I got it on Amazon for cheap. It was easy to wear and comfortable. The length was just weird for me.


4) Miles played baseball on a field that could be seen from this playground. That was a plus. Carson had so much fun.


5) Miles played three games on Saturday. Carson went to two and did pretty well. 


6) I wish he liked watching Miles, but he doesn't care yet. I thought this picture was cute b/c that is Miles on third. During the second game, Miles was catching and when he went back to get the ball by the back stop, Carson yelled, "Hey Bubba!" really loudly :) Miles looked at him and smiled. He loved it.


7) On Sunday, I decided to stay home with Carson so he could nap. For the first time ever, he protested a nap and climbed out of his crib instead. I didn't try again, so I don't know what will happen next time. We are probably getting close to needing to switch him to a regular bed.


8) Two minutes before this picture he told me he wasn't tired.


9) Carson loves to go to church. He calls is "chuch". He says, "We go to chuch, momma?"


10) While he protested his nap on Sunday, we played on the kitchen floor where the sun was coming through the door. It was warm and the sunshine was good for us.


11) Poor Miles is cold natured like me. I sat out on the patio for a couple hours while Darrin and Carson messed around outside. Miles said he was too tired. He's been really tired lately, to the point that I'm a little concerned. I'm considering taking him to the doctor for some lab work, just to see if he is deficient in something. I've had his iron checked before b/c of the fatigue and always being cold, but it wasn't low. Might be time to check again....those are flannel pjs on a warm sunny day. He even went out to the garden like that.


12) The boys tended to the garden. We already have some small growth. Darrin has done a great job on the garden this year. It's so neat and well planned.


13) The Hornets finished the weekend 2-2, which isn't bad considering they were a 9 & Under team playing in a 10 & Under tournament. From what we saw this weekend, there is a noticeable size difference between 9 & 10, so we are excited to see our boys grow and get stronger. 


It seems like a busy weekend, but we had a good amount of rest on Sunday. I forced myself to chill most of the afternoon even though finding something productive to do is always tempting. I am trying to teach myself to enjoy some downtime. Yesterday was a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment