Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Good Day, Bad Day

Carson had a good day yesterday. He was living his best life at the daycare petting zoo.


He said, "I see animals at school."


His favorite part appeared to be riding the horse. 


 

Up close and personal...


A friend that teaches at the daycare sent this pic and said, "get that baby a camel" I died.


In the midst of Carson's good day, Miles was having a bad day. I was driving from one office to another for work and saw that I got a text message from the school nurse. I asked Siri to read my latest text message. The nurse had sent me two texts, but since I said to read the new message, it only read the second text which said, "he's fine except his teeth". I about drove off the road hearing that message. Turns out he got hit in the face by a soccer ball at recess. When I said, "I didn't think you played soccer at recess" he said, "I wasn't. I was playing football." So apparently he wasn't expecting it and the ball caught his teeth just right.


I made a dentist appointment and took him in yesterday afternoon. His dentist office is the coolest and they are so nice.


Even though he was very nervous, he tried very hard to be cooperative. In the end, he couldn't relax enough to keep his mouth open and his tongue out of the way. We decided to come back another day for sedation. Fixing the teeth would only take 10 minutes, but he was way too nervous yesterday to make it happen.


Luckily for us, they had a cancellation and we were able to make an appointment for 10:15am today. The soonest appointment after today was in June. No thank you. He was so nervous last night even though I assured him that it wouldn't hurt. He was very concerned about not eating or drinking after midnight. And when I say concerned, I mean freaking out. He asked me to wake him up at 11pm to eat something. Again, no thank you. I'm happy to report that the sedation worked just fine :)


It was quite a process but they got it done with no trouble. Miles was perfect. They complimented him on his cooperation and manners. 


He is very pleased with his new teeth. You can't tell at all and they probably look better than they did before b/c they are so perfect. They are supposed to last 2-5 years depending on how rough he is with them, but some people have said they can last much longer. He wasn't able to go back to school today, so he and Darrin went to see the new Avengers movie. 


I got to thinking about all the injuries these boys, mainly Miles, have put us through...and Miles isn't even a rowdy kid. He had the terrible black eye.


The broken arm.


The line drive to the head which thankfully turned out to be fine.


The smashed pinky nail, which has since fallen off. 


And here is one of many scrapped faces as he was learning to walk.


Carson has only contributed one injury to date, but it was a doozy. 



I must say that the two worst injuries to deal with were the pinky nail and Carson's face. Miles' nail was extremely painful in the moment, but okay in the days to follow. I think it was hard too b/c Darrin wasn't there. Getting Carson's cut fixed was awful. Boys will be boys. As I told someone today, I'm just glad that they are active. I have to remind myself often, but boys aren't meant to sit still and be quiet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment