Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2018

Weekend Wrap Up

Our weekend started on Friday morning when Darrin & I attempted to cook a turkey for Carson's daycare program. The kids have a little program and then they serve a Thanksgiving meal. The parents sign up to bring things. By the time I got around to signing up, all that was left were turkeys. They actually provide the turkey, so we decided to give it a whirl. Look how good it looks?


Unfortunately, the thermometer must not have worked. It was not done, so we cut, cooked, cut, cooked some more...and then repeated that a couple more time. We finally cut the safe pieces off and called it a day. I'm not the best daycare mom, so this was my way of helping out. I don't do well on the fundraisers, book sales, field trips, etc. I will have to find another way to help b/c I'm signing up for a dessert next year!

Carson had to be a pumpkin in the play. As assigned, he wore orange pants and an orange shirt. Not easy to find, by the way.


He walked in like a champ...


And then sat there nicely and watched everything as the play was going on. I couldn't really see from my seat, but Darrin managed to move closer and get a few pics. The turkey debacle caused us to run late and the good seats were gone.


He was happy to see us at the end. 


A lot of the kids were crying after it was over, b/c it was a little chaotic trying to find kids and parents. Our little pumpkin was fine though.


He wanted to take a picture with his buddy, Mary Cameron. Apparently they are inseparable. Her mom and I are friends and after comparing stories, these two might be trouble one day.


We ate lunch with a family from church. She offered to take a picture of all three of us. After a couple tries, we waved the white flag.


After daycare and school, Darrin took the boys to stay with Aunt Crystal & Uncle Steve for the weekend. We hosted a Friendsgiving party on Saturday night, so we needed some help. They had so much fun at their house. Their dogs are always a big hit. 


When I asked Miles what was the best part of the weekend, I thought he might say driving the tractor, but he said playing fetch with one of the dogs. 


As usual, Carson was a perfect angel all weekend. I know it's a good thing that he knows how to act in public, but how does a two year old know how to turn it off and on like that??? As soon as we got him, he flipped a switch and cried the whole car ride home.


We appreciate Crystal & Steve watching them and taking such good care of them. It allowed us to have a really fun party. We hosted our first ever Friendsgiving. It was for the baseball parents. Our team has been together for three years and we've never done something as a group without the kids. And, we really like each other, so it was long overdue. 


We played some really fun games....


...and took a LOT of selfies :)


I plan to write a post about how I planned it and exactly what we did. It was a great night and deserves to be replicated by someone! But now, I'm going to bed. It was a late night and an early morning and I am T-I-R-E-D!

No comments:

Post a Comment