Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2018

Weekend Wrap Up

This weekend was the last weekend before preseason begins for Darrin. Technically he has next weekend too, but this isn't my first rodeo, so I know that next weekend will be consumed with getting ready for Monday. Darrin had camp on Friday and Saturday, but the boys and I didn't have anything to do. My mom came to visit, so we spent a lot of time playing with the boys.


It's always nice to have her help entertaining Carson so I can get some things done around the house.


She is a master at trains, books, puzzles, cars and anything else the boys want to play.


Miles still loves to sleep with her when she comes to visit. I guess about the time he gets too big, Carson will ready to snuggle up in his place.


Saturday, we did lots of laundry. We almost lost a laundry basket in this adventure, but it would have been worth it. He was loving it.


I made some salsa. I was going to say homemade salsa, but the tomatoes were out of a can, so...


I'm hoping our tomato plants start producing some tomatoes and I can see if it's even better with fresh tomatoes. Carson liked it regardless. He just licks the salsa off and never really eats the chip.


Later that night, we had an impromptu fish fry at Darrin's Uncle John & Aunt Kim's with a few cousins. They have two turkeys, a garden, a 4-wheeler, and a pond, so the boys were in heaven.


It took Carson pretty much all night to warm up to everyone. He finally showed his wild little personality at the end. He was running around the table and leaning around different people's chairs to scare them. It was a fun night with lots of laughs.


After church today, we spent most of the afternoon outside. Poor Carson got a little too much sun. It didn't seem to bother him and I'm sure he will be tan tomorrow. He had his first bubble bath tonight. I've never done one for him before b/c his skin is so sensitive. Hopefully he's old enough to handle it. He sure did like it.


Sadly, that's the only picture I took all day. Darrin washed his truck and spent the rest of the day cutting the grass and working around the yard. I did more laundry and cleaned my car, inside and out, for two hours. I'm pretty sure that it's cleaner than when I bought it. So now we count down to school starting this Wednesday and volleyball in 7 days. Fall baseball starts in a couple weeks too. It's about to get very interesting around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment