Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Less Words Wednesday

Five random thoughts on this Less Words Wednesday (which turned out to be a lot of words).

1) Miles had his last golf tournament of the summer. It was considered the championship and they gave out trophies. He missed a trophy by one stroke. Apparently he missed a tap in putt and all he could think about is that if he had made that he would have had a chance. I asked if he wanted to stay for the awards ceremony even though he wasn't getting anything. He made the comment that he might still get something...as in a participation trophy. In the end, they did not give participation trophies and he left very disappointed. I was so thankful for the hard lesson. And just as he is conditioned to receiving a trophy for simply showing up, I am used to him receiving them. I found myself wanting to smooth things over for him on the way home. Thankfully, I quickly realized that it was okay for him to be disappointed and I just let him work through it on his own.


2) Carson still isn't content to sit in his high chair. 9 out of 10 times he will take a few bites and then want to get down. He will often stand like this and eat several more bites. It's like he doesn't want to quit eating but he doesn't want to sit there either.


3) Our zucchini noodles and spaghetti sauce and salad from the garden were sooooo good. Both boys ate all their spaghetti and Carson even had seconds. At one point, Carson picked up a zucchini noodle and said "what dis?" I ignored the question and he kept eating. Miles said it was the best salad ever (the lettuce and cucumbers were from our garden) and I have to say that I agree.


4) The teacher and class lists came out today. Miles and Mason were bummed to find out that they weren't in the same class. I knew it was a long shot since there are ten 3rd grade classes. Mason's mom and I were pretty bummed too. We are contemplating a sizeable donation to the PTO next year to get them in the same class :) Miles hardly knows anyone in his class and we don't know anything about his teacher. My plan is to have zero expectations about the school year. I'm also considering becoming the mom that volunteers, donates, chaperones, gives gifts, serves with PTO, WHATEVER it takes to have a good year. Kidding....kind of.


5) No place this kid would rather be than on the 4-wheeler. It is the go-to time filler and mood enhancer. Works every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment