Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2018

Carson's Construction Birthday Party

We celebrated Carson's birthday this weekend. He turns 2 on Thursday. It reminded me that I never posted his pictures from last year....oh my! Those pictures were so cute. I will have to go back and do that soon. We sent out a few invitations to family and a handful of people were able to come. We always send them to out of town family too just to keep them in the know of what the boys are up to.


I wasn't going to do any food besides cake, but at the last minute, I decided to put in a little extra effort. I'm glad I did, b/c we had a really nice day and I think Carson knew that we were all there for him.


I think he sensed the excited in the air. My oldest brother and his family stayed the night before the party and it was really fun to have them at our house.


The food revolved around the construction theme and things Carson likes. Build a Sandwich...


Wrecking Balls (our nickname for him), Building Blocks, and Boulders...


Refueling Station and Crew Water...


Gravel and Lumber...


Spare Tires and Nails...



Darrin and I made his cake.


It was surprisingly easy and tasted good. 


Miles was just as excited about Carson's party.


Pa & Granny came...



His cousin Sarah was there...


Dave, Emily, and Sarah....


And of course Marmee was there...



He wasn't shy about opening presents at all.


He was very excited about everything.


He got a big wheel, a pool, a bubble blower and lots of other little things.


I think he loved the little things just as much as the big things.


After all the gifts were opened, we took him outside to see the gift we had gotten him.



He is obsessed with Darrin's lawnmower. We were hoping that he would think this was a lawnmower and he did! He either hasn't figured out how to drive it or he doesn't like driving it yet. He loves for Miles to drive him around though.


He was very shy when we sang happy birthday to him. That was the only time all day that he didn't seem to enjoy the attention.


Darrin and Miles had to help him with the candles.


After everyone left, we spent the afternoon playing outside with his new presents.





It was a perfect little party for our favorite wrecking ball. He is so special to us and the three of us are so happy that he is in our little family. Darrin and I still can't believe that we were blessed with him.


Happy Birthday, Carson! It's your birthday week...let the celebration begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment