Pages

Monday, February 5, 2018

Weekend Wrap Up

I'm a little late because last night was devoted to the Super Bowl which as we all know by now is a holiday in our house. I have to say I wasn't as pumped as I normally am just b/c of the teams that were playing but it did not disappoint. I was happy to see the Eagles win. And the Eli Manning commercial was definitely a highlight.

So our weekend started early on Friday morning when Darrin had to leave for a recruiting trip. I was hoping that Carson would sleep until I was ready for work, but no such luck. He woke up before I even got in the shower, which meant that I had to take a bath b/c we don't have a door on our shower and he will absolutely not refrain from getting in. Next time I will just lock him out of the bathroom and listen to him cry for the 5 minutes it takes for me to take a shower. Before it was over, he had thrown my towel, his shirt, a pacifier, and a hand towel in the tub.


Miles had a game on Saturday morning. He scored 20 points and played his little heart out. He didn't do so well in his last game and I think he was determined to not let that happen again.


It was very fun to watch him play. It helped that Carson was perfectly behaved. He sat in my lap or stood in front of me the entire game.


Straight from the game, the boys and I drove 2.5 hours to my mom's house. We haven't been able to see her since her surgery, so we were all very ready. Random...Miles cracks me up with his food choices. We stopped at Wendy's b/c I don't like to let Carson eat in the car yet. Miles wanted a bacon cheeseburger...until he saw a picture of a taco salad. He had to have it. With every bite, he told me how good it was.


The drive to my mom's house was the easiest long trip with Carson since he was a little baby. I was very thankful. Marmee was glad to see the boys.


My mom had foot surgery so both boys enjoyed her knee scooter.


It was a quick trip b/c we had to get back for our small group Super Bowl party. Miles was not happy about leaving Marmee. He cried as we were getting in the car. He always tries to be a big boy in front of her, but then cries as soon as we get in the car. I asked if he was worried about her or just sad to leave her. He sad "both".


I thought Carson would fall asleep quickly on the way home, but it turned out to be Miles instead. Carson was very well behaved again. He jabbered for over two hours without crying or needing anything. I think he's finally starting to feel better after a couple months of off and on sickness.


Finally, when we were less than a mile from our house, I looked back and he was asleep.


When we travel on the weekends, it makes them seems so short, but this was a good one for sure. The boys were cooperative, we got to check on Marmee, and I had a lot of fun watching Miles play basketball. 

No comments:

Post a Comment