Pages

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Just Some Randomness

I was doing so good about blogging and then bam....it's been 2 weeks. I wish blogging could be my job. I would promise to be a good blogger and blog every day :) Since no one is going to pay me for that, I better type my randomness so I can go to bed and wake up early for my real job.

We've been carrying on the theme of the last couple months...sickness. Carson had strep...got better...and then started running a fever again. I must randomly note that he handled the strep and flu test without a single whimper. The boy is tough as nails.


Granny & Pa have visited two times to help while he's been sick.


There has been lots of snuggling and watching TV. We have found the one show that holds his attention without fail. America's Funniest Videos! He loves it and will sit perfectly still while it is on. He even pointed at the TV the other day to ask us to watch it. It's such a win, win b/c I would rather watch that over a kids' show any day.


Pa took Miles to his basketball game while Granny & I stayed home to watch Carson. I was so thankful that Miles had someone there to cheer for him since Darrin was out of town.


Did I mention there is a lot of snuggling going on? You basically can't put him down right now. Ever.


Miles went to a Nerf gun party and decided that he wants another Nerf party for his 9th birthday. Just no. I have basically 8 months to push him in another direction and I will be doing just that after the chaos that was his 7th birthday.


The funniest thing happened last night. Darrin's parents spent the night with us. Carson started crying during the night. As I always do, I turned off the monitor and set a timer for 10 minutes, in case I fell asleep (which I always do). When I woke up to assess the situation after 10 minutes, I couldn't find Carson on the monitor. I thought he might have been buried under his blanket or nestled in a corner, but it really didn't look like he was in the crib. I woke Darrin up, showed him the monitor, and asked him where Carson was. He decided to go check on him. We both thought he might have jumped out b/c I feel certain that day is coming. When he got to his room, the door was open. Darrin's dad had gotten him in the 10 minutes we thought he was crying himself back to sleep.


This is how a house full of boys plays together. I'll never understand video games, so I don't get invited. It's totally fine.


It's been a hectic couple of weeks with crazy work schedules, recruiting, basketball games, baseball practice, sickness, and my mom had surgery. Life is not slowing down any time soon, but I'll be ready when it does!

No comments:

Post a Comment