Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

35 Weeks

I am 35 weeks today, which is a great day b/c at 35 weeks my doctor will deliver here rather than sending me to Louisville or Nashville. So, we are very relieved to get to this point. 7 more days of medicine and then we'll see. I predict it won't take long b/c I'm still having up to 5 contractions an hour even while taking the pills.

Darrin's volleyball team threw a baby shower for me on Sunday. It was supposed to be a surprise, but with the whole bed rest thing, he had to tell me. Here is a picture of the girls, minus two that couldn't come. They are really a great group of women. I think Darrin and his assistant coach, Kristi, have done a great job recruiting not only great athletes, but girls with great character. They're smart, fun and considerate.

This is the team captain, Lauren, and his assistant coach, Kristi. They were responsible for the planning, and did a great job.
The gifts were amazing.....lots of clothes, toys, scrapbook stuff, lotions & wash, bibs, blankets, etc. I even got a facial from a local salon that I love, Styles on Broadway! Thanks for spoiling me Kristi!
Some of the girls made onesies with orange & blue puff paint! They are so cute. The middle has a pack of diapers in it. How cute!

This was my last shower, and we are beyond prepared for this baby. I jokingly have been saying that "if it's made for a baby, we have it". But, that is absolutely the truth - we have so much stuff. All we need now is little Miles or Hallie.

No comments:

Post a Comment