Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2023

Weekend Wrap Up

Friday was dinner with friends. It's rare to find a night that the four of us are free, but we managed, especially before the craziness of baseball season begins. 


Miles went to a birthday party for a little girl in his class at the skating rink. He'd never been skating before and he was so excited. 


It didn't take him long to realize that skating is hard. It was hard work trying to help him. I took a wheel to the ankle once which didn't feel good. I finally just had to let him go because he didn't want help. I winced a lot and prayed for no broken arms. There was a lot this....


and this...


He was the only boy there and all the girls mothered him the whole time. They were so concerned that he couldn't get it and that he was frustrated. After skating was finished, he was much happier to do this.


I love when they hang out with me in my room. Carson typically talks a lot more than Miles when we hang out.


Miles and I just like to chill near each other, but do our own thing. I hung out in his room earlier today and he told me I was cool. I should hang on to that for a very long time. It might sustain me during the teenage years.


Darrin tackled a project to add an outlet to our island. It took a couple hours, but went very smoothly.


He was happy to test it out later in the day. It will be so nice to have for small appliances that don't stay out all the time, like the griddle, food processor, blender, etc.


Saturday afternoon, Carson told me his throat was hurting. He's been on antibiotics for 8 days. His throat looked awful and he had a temperature. He woke up at 2am and was drenched, so I guess his fever broke. I will have to call the doctor tomorrow to see if we can get a different antibiotic. That kind of explained his rotten mood during skating. I get that it was a frustrating experience, but he was really a handful.


Lots of whining on Saturday.


The guys had some time together after Carson went to sleep while I read.


Carson and I stayed home while Darrin and Miles went to church. We did some drawing and coloring. He did this by looking at another picture in a book. He's a pretty good little artist. 


Miles had travel practice today.


They got new uniforms for the spring season. This is one of them and it might be one of my favorites ever. I caught a genuine smile too. 

This was a our last weekend before baseball season begins next weekend. It's about to get busy (and fun) around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment