Pages

Monday, January 2, 2023

December Wrap Up

We've had a great time wrapping up 2022 with great company, food, fun, family, and friends. It would take me hours to recap everything we've been doing for the last two weeks. So, just a few comments to wrap up our holidays. I took off the week before Christmas and Darrin took off the week after Christmas. We did that so we wouldn't have to piece together childcare for Carson. We have thoroughly enjoyed the holidays and our time off. Tomorrow, it's back to reality, but a fresh start to the new year. 

Carson visited Santa. He was shy at first, but Santa was so kind and welcoming. 

Carson asked Santa for a pool table. Santa said, "I've never had that before." It must have been too difficult, because he didn't bring one.


Throwing out reindeer food with their best baseball form (unplanned). McClure boys have arms.


Shopping with Steph in Southaven on a very, very cold day.


There were a lot of new games over the holidays.




We learned that Carson is not disciplined enough for an advent calendar. He had all the chocolate eaten by the 15th. Miles finished his up on the 23rd.


Darrin took the boys to see Avatar on the opening night. I stayed home by myself for 3+ hours. Win, win for everyone.


The first snow came with a wind chill of -22. I have never experienced cold like we had in December.


Might be my favorite matching outfits ever.


Miles got a Shutterfly book with all the pics from the World Series his team won last summer.


Miles has outgrown Olivia and Ava.


Our children's minister at church sent this picture to me. She said that Carson volunteered to pray during children's church.


We learned the game, Mancala, and loved it! It's simple and quick.


Carson was in a mood on Christmas Eve and not cooperating for pictures.



Carson got an electric 4-wheeler for Christmas. We decided on a 24 volt electric over a gas because he likes to ride a lot and he can ride/operate this all by himself. Gas would have required more help and supervision. This will probably last two years and then he'll be more ready for gas. So far, he's loving it. The quality is great too. It came from Target.


We celebrated Christmas at Granny & Pa's the day after Christmas.



Uncle Steve and Aunt Crystal love their nephews so well.


We celebrated Christmas with Marmee at her house on Christmas night. 


I was missing my baseball mom friends, so we planned a dinner. It was quick and pretty low key (especially for this group), but it was great to take a couple hours to catch up.




Miles got a gaming desk, which was a big surprise to him. He knew that Carson's 4wheeler was in the garage. When we went out there after the presents, he had no idea that he had a big gift too. 




Miles had three friends spend the night for New Year's Eve. 


I think half of them went to sleep around 1am, and the other half stayed up until the sun came up. Unfortunately, Miles was in the second half.


We had a beautiful New Year's Day. I can't remember a time I've worn a tank top on Jan. 1st. We soaked up the sunshine. I read while the guys fished. Miles played football and basketball all day with his friends. 

I haven't taken much time to think about goals for 2023. I'm not really a resolution kind of girl, but I'm looking forward to a fresh start. I think my theme might be work hard, play/rest hard. I want to work hard at work this year, but enjoy downtime when I'm not working. Downtime might mean fun, but it might mean rest. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment