Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2022

Weekend Wrap Up

We went to Darrin's work Christmas party on Friday night. We don't know many people that well since Darrin works remotely, so I thought this might be our only chance of a picture together which was before we left the hotel. It was a really nice party with great food and prizes. 


There were so many prizes, some big, some smaller, but all nice. We walked away with a bigger prize...a big TV! It proved to be a challenge since we took an Uber to the party :) but we got it home with some help and a game of musical cars. 


When we got back to the hotel after the party, Darrin had some sort of allergic reaction and became very congested and also broke out in hives. We ended up leaving to drive home at midnight after he had taken a benadryl and I had taken an Ambien. We got home at 1:45am after a surprisingly easy drive. We don't know what got to him, but I think it was something in the hotel because he improved quickly after we left. Very eventful night, but it was nice and I enjoyed meeting his co-workers and their spouses.

Carson had birthday party at a trampoline park yesterday. Miles is at a birthday party at a different trampoline park as we speak. I've just been hoping and praying to go 0-2 with injuries at these parties.


He misses his daycare friends and was happy to hang out with them at the party. 


Saturday night, Miles had a winter dance. Another mom and I took a group to eat pizza locally before the dance. 




Sharp dressed boys for church. When I set out Carson's clothes for him, I thought there was a very small chance he would wear the sweater. Instead, it actually seemed as if he liked it. He's been surprising me lately with his clothes. We still have a long way to go, but maybe he's getting there.


Carson wrote his list for Santa, which included a PlayStation, a teddy bear, Legos, a toy kitchen, and a basketball goal for his room. I may have influenced the Legos and basketball goal because I know what Santa has decided for him. 


I did a quick clean out of Carson's room and I feel like I can breathe again. I swapped his dresser and the foos ball table and I like it so much better. The dresser isn't quite as convenient, but I don't have to get in there often. I put away his clean clothes once a week and pick out all his clothes for the week on Sundays.


I added some lights to this little tree and I think it looks so pretty. I was wanting a few new Christmas things and my mom gave me some of her stuff that she wasn't using. It was just what I needed. 


We ordered wings from a new to us local restaurant. We loved them and will be back!


Carson is currently living his best life in the sun room with all his stuff animals. 


It's going to be a fun week at work. I get to ring the Salvation Army bell and attend a tourism and retail day for the county Leadership day (which means local shopping!). The weekends go by fast, but it was a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment