Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Getting Ready for Kindergarten

We registered Carson for kindergarten yesterday! A lot of people asked me if I was sad. I am definitely not. He is ready and we are ready for all the fun that is ahead. I'm sure I will shed a few tears when it comes time for him to walk into the school, but I am excited to watch him grow up. When I called to get his immunization record, they said he needed a check up and one last shot.


He weighed 49lbs (77th percentile) and is 44" tall (37th percentile). He was so brave when it was time to get his shot. He climbed up on the table and laid down. The nurse said she wished every kid was like him. After she walked out, he laid on my shoulder and whimpered (I wouldn't even call it crying). I felt bad because it really hurt and he wasn't expecting that. Thankfully, we are done with shots until middle school. 


He and I went to get ice cream cones the other night. He said it was delicious. Apparently, he has not had an ice cream cone before, not one that he remembers. I don't know how that is possible. I guess we always get it in a cup to avoid the mess. He did good and not a drop fell.


Getting ready for school one day, he said he needed some of "that and that" pointing to the hair spray and hair scent that I use. He said that he thought the girls would like it. He also told me that one of the little girls in his class is his girlfriend. He said, "She is so beautiful."


I predict that Carson is going to be fairly well behaved in kindergarten and that teachers will like him. I think he's a pretty smart kid, but homework might be a struggle. I'll be curious to look back on this and see how well I know my kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment