Pages

Monday, June 15, 2020

Weekend Wrap Up

We had the BEST weekend! I took a million pictures and there's so much to say. It's hard to wrap it all up into one post, so I'm going to lump everything into five highlights.

1) Miles hit his first home run! He said the night before that he was going to and asked me to record every at bat so Darrin could see it since he wasn't going to be there. On his first at bat of the day, he hit it out on the second pitch. Thankfully, I recorded it. We were so happy for him! His hitting has been a work in progress and he made major strides this weekend.




He has the best teammates. I love the way they cheer each other on. What a great life lesson.


2) My mom came for the weekend and Granny & Pa came to see Mile' game. They were only able to come for one game and it was the one that he hit the home run in! I was so happy that they were all there to see it.





3) I got to hang out with my friends. Kimberly, Abby, and I have been hanging at the ball field since the boys were on the 6 & Under team, which was Miles' first year. This is their fifth year together. The boys have come a long way and I've enjoyed my time with these mommas so much.


Kelly and I have waited a long time to watch our boys play together. Mason finally joined our team this year and I am loving getting to hang with their whole family.


4) Carson was such a trooper this weekend. He really does a great job during baseball games. He has definitely turned a corner with his behavior. He loves to be outside, so he's pretty easy to please during games. He didn't even ask for much from the concession stand!


He only had one sno cone all weekend. I think that's a record.



He loved playing with Mason's sister, Addison. As soon as we pulled out of the parking lot last night, he said, "I miss her."


5) The boys played incredible baseball this weekend and won the tournament! There were five teams in the tournament and we finished the 5 seed after pool play on Saturday. It was a battle on Sunday, but they knocked off three teams to win it all. It was one of the most exciting weekends we've had. Miles pitched the entire semi final game. That team beat us 10-2 on Saturday and we beat them 10-2 on Sunday. Darrin was able to get there just in time to see Miles pitch that game. Knowing how it all turned out, I am so glad that he came.




Instead of handshakes after the games, they tip their hat to each other. I didn't think I would like it, but I actually do. It's not a bad compromise at all. We've seen some losing teams not be very respectful with it, but I'm sure that was the case with handshakes at times too.


The boys went on to beat a very good team 9-6 in the championship game. They were so happy! The coaches and parents were pretty ecstatic too. We've watched a lot of baseball to get to a weekend like this where everything clicked. It was a special weekend for sure.


Rings are the ultimate reward for 10 year old boys. When they learned that they were getting rings instead of trophies, plaques, or medals, that was the icing on the cake.




When you win it all, that usually means a very late night. It was a late night for everyone, but I was the last one asleep and it was after midnight. I've been ready for bed since I woke up this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment