Pages

Monday, April 27, 2020

Weekend Wrap Up

I took off work last Friday, so it was a nice three day weekend for me. We actually packed a lot into our weekend, but I didn't take a ton of pictures, so our weekend can best be summed up as fishing, cleaning, and planting.

First, there was a lot of fishing. Carson caught his first fish!



Miles caught two fish on one hook. And, it was his last cast of the day! His smile says it all.


I think this is the cutest. I guess Carson got cold and Miles shared his jacket with him.



They were able to get away while Carson was napping to go fishing by themselves.



We need to buy Carson a life jacket, but until then, his floatie from the beach last year will work :)


I've been trying to organize and clean a little at a time while we've been home bound. Carson had fun playing in the empty cabinets.


I organized my cleaning closet over the weekend. I have a ton of mason jars that I use for random things. In my before picture, the jars are on the bottom shelf and all over the floor.


I asked Darrin to add a half shelf on the bottom just for the jars.

 

The after picture isn't all that amazing, but I do like my little shelf and at least it feels a little less cluttered.


Last, we planted our garden. It went super fast b/c Darrin and Miles had already built the raised beds and filled with all the right dirt, soil, and compost. 


This is our third year to have a garden. The first year was more successful than last year. I think there was too much rain, but who knows for sure.


Darrin did a lot of research about the raised beds and the soil We are very hopeful that it will pay off.



We planted zucchini, squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, green onions, lettuce, carrots, and lots of peppers. The zucchini, squash, cucumbers, carrots, and green onions were all seeds, and everything else was plants.


This is the first year that we aren't putting up a temporary fence around the garden to keep deer and other animals out. I sure hope they leave it alone.




We are excited and hopeful to see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment