Pages

Monday, October 28, 2019

It's the Little Things

Darrin and I decided earlier today that we would carve pumpkins with the boys tonight since this was the only night that Darrin would be home. I didn't get home from work and working out until almost 6:30pm. It would have been tempting to skip out since we had forgotten to get the pumpkins, but Darrin told the boys and it was on. Miles was so excited about carving. Carson was excited about going to Walmart. He said, "We going in momma?" We rarely go in Walmart anymore b/c of online ordering and he misses our Walmart trips. He's liked going to Walmart since he was old enough to say Walmart.


We bought two pumpkins for carving and two for painting, but we ended up carving three.


Miles came up with a design all by himself and worked diligently. He said, "I didn't even use the internet, I just thought of it." 


Carson wasn't sure about the pumpkin guts.


I finally convinced him to stick his hand down in there and get dirty. He did a little bit, but never loved it. 


He did love squeezing paint all over the pumpkin. He opened every color and squeezed it like ketchup all over the top and on the plate. It was a little wasteful, but he was so content and seemed focused on his project so who am I to get in the way of his creativity???


Darrin carved a pumpkin face and I carved a "C" since Carson couldn't carve one.


Both boys told us that they loved us at least five times and thanked us over and over. 


We also ate pumpkin pie (for Darrin) and candy corn (for me) while we were carving.


It took us two hours including our trip to Walmart and cleaning up. It was just a little thing with little thought or planning on our part, but such a big deal to the boys. I probably would have skipped it, but I'm glad Darrin pushed us to do it. It was a good reminder to me of how easily memories are made.

No comments:

Post a Comment