Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

I'm Tired Again & Just Like Big Brother

Well, we had one good night of sleep two nights ago and then last night Carson insisted on getting in bed with us. He wanted no part of the cot. I tried to encourage him to go to sleep on the cot instead of our bed, but he sat on the floor and cried. He said, "I want you bed." It didn't take me long to tell him to climb on up. He knows.


Some time after that, Miles came into our room and said he'd had a bad dream. So, I told him to go to sleep on the cot. At that point I was glad that Carson was in bed with us so the cot was free. I still think it's a bad decision to set up a cot in our room, but I just can't fight it right now. Life has me too tired. By the way, this is the cot that we have. It is so nice for company. I think it is so much easier than a blow up mattress. It's really comfortable and it's the size of a twin so it works for kids and adults. The only negative is that it's kind of bulky to store. I wish it fit under our bed, but we have to store it in our master closet.


I have another recommendation. I bought Miles one of these sticker by number books. It was supposed to be for Christmas, but I gave it to him early b/c he was entertaining himself so nicely in his bedroom and I thought he would enjoy it. He loved them and ended up doing four pages tonight. I read about them on this blog. Blog recommendations are the best, in my opinion. I think they would be a cute gift for a boy or girl, ages 6-10.


Meanwhile, Carson is really into Paw Patrol. We are all so thankful that he's taking a break from Moana. His love for Moana runs deeper than Frozen or Tangled and I didn't think that was possible.


When Miles has his shirt off, Carson insists on the same. Carson acts pretty tough and not as sensitive towards Miles as Miles is towards him, but then it's obvious he wants to be just like him.


That's all for me tonight. Darrin is on his way home from recruiting in Arkansas. It's time to get Miles to sleep (Carson is already there) and then it's TV time and bed for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment