Pages

Monday, July 29, 2019

Weekend Wrap Up

We had a good weekend at home. Darrin had camp all weekend so the boys and I stayed home for the most part. My job has been extremely busy and stressful lately, so I'm doing my best to recharge on the weekends. I'm trying to find a balance of getting some things done, but also having some down time. I think it's so important to recharge on the weekends when you work all week. Carson recharged with pancakes and playdough while hanging out in his underwear. 


A good friend of mine passed down four huge bags of clothes, which turned out to be evenly split between Miles and Carson. 


You would think that I've never bought my boys nice clothes. They were so excited.


They willingly tried a lot of it on. It was really, really nice stuff. I think they were feeding off of my excitement :)


I spent a lot of time organizing all of it and going through their clothes too. Since my friend was so kind to gift us so much stuff, I packed up Miles' clothes and decided to give them to a lady that always buys his clothes for her son. 


This was one of my favorites for Carson. Our cute little country boy with his strooooong southern accent :)


I got brave and took the boys shoe shopping since it was tax free weekend. Miles got two pairs of tennis shoes and a pair of church shoes. I managed to measure Carson's foot so I could order some online for him. He was impossible when I was trying on his shoes. Plus, his size is an 11 EE. That will be much easier to find online.


Miles cut half of the front yard on Saturday and accidentally hit the front walkway and the wheel broke off. He nervously text Darrin to let him know and to tell him that he was sorry. Darrin replied with "It's ok." I was very proud of that response. Darrin ordered the part to fix it. It wasn't too terribly expensive, so that was good. Unfortunately, this is a small price to pay when you teach a 9 year old to cut the grass. We both still agree that it was worth it. He's done really well learning this summer and has been very safe.


I think toddlers in pjs are precious. We woke up early on Sunday and played a little before it was time to get ready for church. 


I even made homemade donuts for breakfast. Both boys approved, but Miles was a little more impressed. Side note, I need to take more pictures of Miles. It seems like Carson is always right beside me so he naturally gets more pictures.


We spent some time in the pool both days. That has been the best purchase. We have been able to enjoy time outside when we would have otherwise been stranded inside b/c of the heat. It forces me to relax b/c I have no choice but to sit outside while they are in the pool. I get in with them sometimes and just relax others. Miles is unfortunately never satisfied with the amount of time I spend in the pool. Darrin got in with us Sunday afternoon and we all had a lot of fun. 


It's the last week of summer for Miles. He has open house this week and we will probably find out who his teacher and classmates are tomorrow. The odds are not in his favor that his best friend, Mason, will be in his class, but that doesn't stop him from hoping and praying. With 9 fourth grade classes, it's always a long shot. We have a busy week of work, school open house, back to school party, haircuts, a sleepover with Mason, and Granny & Pa spending the night on Thursday to watch the boys on Friday since Carson's daycare is closed. I'm tired just thinking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment