Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Summer Nights

We are loving the warmer weather and the longer days. Darrin and Miles have gone fishing the last two days. There is not much that Miles loves more than fishing.


While Darrin and Miles were fishing, Carson and I played outside.


During the summer, we usually stay outside until 7 or 7:30pm, then we eat dinner and take showers.

 
We have a good system...we all play outside for a while and then I go inside to make dinner and Darrin entertains the boys. Last night, they washed both cars, which was very nice. We are eating outside on the patio a lot these days. If Carson starts to get hangry, Darrin rides them around on the 4-wheeler until dinner is ready.
 
 
Carson is not usually a good eater, but we've found that waiting until 7:30 helps a lot. He's usually so hungry that he ends up eating everything. Last night, he ate chicken, green beans, and corn on the cob with zero complaints.


Our garden is starting to grow. Miles goes out every morning and comes back in with a report. It reminds me of the crop report that you hear on the radio around here :) Our corn, strawberries, and squash seem to be growing the fastest.


Being outside a lot means Benadryl for everyone. Miles was asleep within minutes, but Carson was still running around.
 


I think I've said this on here before, but I like these long days, but I also like when it gets dark earlier in the winter. Summer nights are fun, but they are also long, busy days. Keeping this schedule year round, especially when Darrin isn't here to help me during his season, would be hard. Plus, I think Daylight Savings Time allows us to appreciate summer nights a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment