Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2019

Happy Easter

Happy Easter from our family to yours! Picture overload coming your way. We gave the boys their Easter baskets yesterday since Sunday morning is always hectic. I think that will be a new tradition. They were able to play with their stuff all day and didn't have to rush.


A new Beyblade was the highlight of Miles' basket.


Carson was very excited about a truck for his cars and some Paw Patrol paint. Miles has always been reserved with his enthusiasm. We have had to learn not to expect a reaction from him and just know that he loves whatever we give him regardless of how it appears. Carson, on the other hand, said "thank you momma" at least 10 times without being prompted.


The boys snuggled in our bed for a half of second this morning before Carson felt smothered and had to be free.


After getting ready for church, we tried some family pics outside. 


Carson decided to dance and run around instead. It's a shame he doesn't enjoy life more.




We, and by we I mean Darrin, instantly waved the white flag and we headed to church. We decided to go to church with Darrin's parents. We never have the opportunity and I am so glad we did. It was very nice to be with them this morning.


We always spend Easter afternoon at Crystal and Steve's house. It was a beautiful day to hang out with family and hunt for Easter eggs. Miles was very serious about collecting as many as possible.


Carson picked up the first egg and then twirled his basket around his arm and the egg when flying out. Then he kept trying to stomp on the eggs to open them and find out what was inside. He finally got the hang of it and filled his bucket to the top.


Carson loves his Aunt Kiss-tal...written as he says it.


Carson told Uncle Steve that he wanted to ride on the golf cart, so Steve told him to go outside and wait for him. Carson walked outside, climbed up on the golf cart, and waited patiently for Uncle Steve to come drive him around. It's amazing how compliant this child is for everyone but us.


I love this picture of Carson with two of his great aunts, Aunt Lynda and Aunt Brenda.


They love their Pa.


We took a few selfies while they were sorting through their loot. Miles was most interested in how many money eggs he found. There were quarters in several eggs. I think he ended up with $2.50, which he was excited about. As expensive as candy is, I should really consider doing that next year.



Crystal wins the photo bomb award. I had no idea she did this until I was looking through my pics on the way home.


I'm a fan of this guy.


We had such a great day minus the car ride there and back. M-I-S-E-R-A-B-L-E. He screamed, cried, and kicked the back of my seat from church all the way to Crystal's house, which was just under an hour. 


This pic of Miles sums up our sentiments. It was rough.


On the way home, we may or may not have given him some melatonin, and Darrin moved his car seat to the third row so he couldn't kick my seat. Him kicking my seat on the way there just about did me in and I think Darrin went with the 'happy wife, happy life' philosophy. 


We were feeling pretty good about our parenting until he woke up about 45 minutes into the 2 hour drive and started screaming again.


So, I moved to the third row and tried to console him. We ended up stopping halfway home and buying some Motrin. For whatever reason, Motrin calms both my children when they are distraught. From the minute he chewed it, he stopped crying and was fine the rest of the way home. Well, unless I looked at him and then he would try to hit me in the face. #moody


It was a beautiful day and we thoroughly enjoyed this Easter with our family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment