Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Thoughts About 2019

Happy New Year! The boys woke up excited about the possibilities of a new year. I love the feeling of new beginnings that a new year brings. 


Carson rang in the new year by playing in the bath tub with his new toy from Christmas. This is a great gift for any toddler. He loves them. You pour water in the top and it comes out in different ways.


Miles celebrated New Year's Eve by having Mason over. They were so good and yet it was still a little hard b/c we had to tell them to be quiet a hundred times after Carson went to bed. I feel bad that Miles has to sacrifice like that, but I guess that's just part of being a big brother.


Carson enjoyed having Mason over too. He followed him around and called him May all night. Mason is always sweet to him and Miles is appreciative and proud rather than jealous. It's sweet.


I haven't made any new year's resolutions in years, but I always think about a few goals or things I want to improve at the start of every new year. Topping my list this year is spending more time study my Bible and sticking to our family budget. I do a pretty good job praying and talking to God on a daily basis, but ready and studying my Bible is always lacking. I think it stems from my disdain for reading. I am co-facilitating the study Restless by Jennie Allen beginning next week. I'm excited to meet with women and help all of us walk through the study and I know this will require quiet time of my own. 

I am exciting about a new year and a new family budget. I have our budget on a spreadsheet and I plan out every dollar for the whole year. I started this in 2010 and now I can't imagine not having a plan for our money. We don't always stick to it exactly, b/c things always come up, but I want to be more diligent to control what we can control. I contemplated doing the following for both boys, but do one in reverse. I don't think this is the year for it, but it's something to consider.


Of course, eating better is always on my list. I manage to keep my weight down by portion control, but my diet is not the healthiest. I want better choices for our whole family in 2019. Darrin has been doing a great job, so we just need to make this our norm. We meal prepped today, so this starts tomorrow! I got a subscription to this magazine recently. I did not get one useful thing out of the first month, but I found a couple recipes to try in this month's magazine.


Some other goals for this year are:
-  Blog more. I love it. It's definitely a hobby for me.
-  Plan & buy for Christmas all year so we are better prepared next year. Christmas felt out of control this year. I don't want that again.
-  Dress nicer for work. I've gotten into a bit of a rut and have been wearing what's easy instead of putting forth more effort.
-  Get a little more organized at night so the mornings are not so rushed.
-  Push myself a little harder at the gym. I've made a good friend at the gym over the last year. We used to push each other really hard and lately we are content to show up. I'm okay with that b/c I think sometimes you just have to continue going and push through the ruts, but we vowed to work a little harder this year.

A few things that I would love to happen in 2019 but they never will are:
-  Wake up earlier and quit hitting snooze. Will.Never.Happen.
-  Get more sleep. Also will never happen b/c there's always so much to do at night and I still like TV time after everything is done. For example, it's 10:10pm and I will still watch an episode of House Hunters after I finish this just to chill for a minute. That makes my 4:30am alarm awfully early.
-  Enjoy more downtime and disregard my to do list. I'm a slave to my to do list and that will probably never change. 

As long as I chase after the Lord all year and make sure my family knows how much I love them and support them, it will be a great year. Happy New Year! Here's to a great 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment