Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2018

Weekend Wrap Up

Miles and I watched Darrin's Friday night game online after Carson went to bed. Somewhere in the middle we moved to my bedroom and then we had a really sweet set up. We both agreed that we should watch games like this even when we are playing at home :)


Saturday morning, Carson slept until 7:30 and then gave us a few more minutes of laying in bed before he was ready to go full speed.


Miles' team had his first kid pitch tournament this weekend. I had no idea this was going to happen, but Miles was the first pitcher. He started walking to the mound and I thought surely he was walking to right field which is where he usually plays, but he stopped at the mound and started warming up. He did a great job and looked so confident up there. He struggles with confidence, so it was amazing to see. I realized that he thrived on the responsibility. 


Throughout the weekend, he pitched twice, spent a lot of innings catching, and also played third base and right field. After a long day of catching yesterday, he said that he did not like it at all and would rather play right field. After a good night's sleep, he ranked the positions favorite to least as pitcher, catcher, third base, and right field. He said he was just tired last night :)


Carson decided he needed to ice his knee. It's hard work being two.


I didn't think Miles was going to be able to get clean after yesterday. He was filthy after three games and most of them in catching gear.


My boys looking sharp for church.


We had more baseball today and finished as champions! They went 4-1 for the weekend. It was a very successful first weekend of kid pitch. I was so surprised at the high level of pitching. Our boys have been practicing and they were ready and so were the other teams. 


I thought the transition from coach pitch to kid pitch would be ugly, but it was so much fun. Of course, winning helps. I think Miles felt very accomplished with the win and his performance, but he was absolutely exhausted. The heat was intense and the new level of play was draining. 


Proud of my boy, but I am beyond tired too. I had a babysitter for Carson all day yesterday, but the single parent thing was still hard. Having Darrin today was great, but it was a long, hot weekend nonetheless. 


Seeing my boy seize the moment and gain some confidence was worth everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment