Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mother's Day

After going back and forth a bit, our coaches decided to schedule a tournament on Mother's Day weekend. They figured there was no place we'd rather be than watching our boys play ball. It was hard not seeing our moms on Mother's Day and not getting to honor them in person. We do love watching our boys play baseball, so it was hard to argue with their logic. They surprised us with pink jerseys to wear on Sunday.


I think the boys were just as excited as the moms.


We played some tough competition all weekend and managed to go 5-0. Miles had a great day on Sunday and even drove in the winning run, in the bottom of the 6th, in the semi-final game. It was an exciting moment for him and us. He has surprised me in clutch moments. I don't know if it's good timing or if he knows the magnitude of the moments. I'd like to think it's the latter.


He sure loves playing baseball.


We bought him some new sunglasses as an end of the school year gift for doing such a good job  in second grade and doing it all on his own. That's something my parents did for me sometimes and I think it's a nice way to reward and to encourage him.


His hitting lessons are continuing to help him. His stance looks a lot better...more consistent.


And this one here....I can't possibly brag on him enough. He surprised the heck out of us. He woke up at 7am, traveled a total of 3 hours in the car, played in the heat all day, didn't take a nap, stayed up until after 10pm, and was near perfect all day. I didn't think he had it in him, but he did it. I tried to be prepared with things to do and snacks. One thing I did, was make a sand box in a Rubbermaid container. I buried cars, Army men, and sand toys. I was hoping to get to watch one game out of it, but he played with it almost all day. It was excellent.


Winning the championship on Mother's Day was a perfect gift. We were sweaty, dirty, and tired, but it was well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment