Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Less Words Wednesday

Last night, I laid Carson down for bed very much against his will. I threw the blanket over him and walked out like I have done many nights. He usually cries for a few minutes, or even seconds, and then lays down and goes to sleep. Instead, last night we heard foot steps and then his door opened. He walked out and joined us in the living room. Darrin and I just stared at each other in disbelief. He must have climbed out gracefully b/c we didn't hear a thud.


So, we took the springs off the crib and put the mattress right on the floor. It's not ideal for changing sheets or laying him down in the crib, but if it keeps him in there at night, I'll deal with it!


He slept all night and went to bed without a whimper tonight. I think one key is not laying him down until almost 8:30pm. In my opinion, that's too late, but if you try to lay him down any earlier, he doesn't seem ready. Hopefully lowering the mattress will continue to do the trick, but if not, the next step is a lightweight sleep sack. Darrin doesn't like that idea but I simply cannot put him in a toddler bed yet. Our house is not ready for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment