Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Stuff I Like - Vacay Version

I discovered a few new things that I really like while we were on vacation.  Since I just wrapped up our vacation pictures, it seems like a good time to share them.

Reusable Shopping Bags
You know the reusable shopping bags that you can buy everywhere now...TJ Maxx, Sams, Old Navy, etc?  I love to use these for a beach bag.  They are roomy enough for towels, beach toys, sunscreen, and everything else. The straps make it easy to carry everything on your shoulder and it opens easily to be able to get to everything. The material is good for water & sand.  The best part is that if it gets yucky by the end of the trip, you can just throw it away since it was only a dollar :)

Nail Polish
Hot pink was the color of choice for my toe nails.  Isn't that always a big decision before a beach vacation? Oh, just me? It was a little sample bottle from Sally's and I thought it was super cute.  I'm usually a nail polish snob and only use OPI and occasionally Essie, but I wasn't feeling any of their colors.


Obligatory toes and the ocean picture...


Nectar Sunglasses
I read about Nectar sunglasses on Life of Blyss.  I'm not sure what it was that convinced me that I needed to try them, but they were reasonable so I ordered this pair.  Shipping and all, they were less than $30.  I was a little disappointed when I received them b/c they were so light, which made me think they were flimsy.  I love them sooooooo much.  They are so comfortable.  They stay put, but don't squeeze your head or indent in any way.  My eyes are very sensitive to the sun and these are the darkest glasses I've ever had.  I wear sunglasses even on a cloudy day. These glasses are so dark that I can't wear them when it's cloudy.  I don't know if they are all as dark as mine, but I love the tint.  My sis in law ordered two pairs after we got back from vacation and she loves hers too.


Olivia & Crystal with Nectars on...and a photo bomb by Ava....


Hawaiian Tropic Sunscreen
I have never been brand loyal with sunscreen. We jump around and just try to find something that will keep us from burning.  I bought some Hawaiian Tropic lotion SPF 8 before we went to Mexico, thinking I might want to use it on my legs in an attempt to turn them from pasty white to ivory.  This little SPF 8 worked better than the other SPF 50 & 60s that we used.  It went on easily and blocked the sun very well.  I will always use Hawaiian Tropic in the future.

Banded Headbands
I feel certain that I've bragged on Banded Headbands before b/c I think they are so great.  They are the only headband that stays put on my head.  My hair is fine and thin and I've never found a head band that worked with squeezing my head off and giving me a killer headache.  I have a ton of the skinny and 1" headbands, but I bought a couple wide ones before vacation. I thought it would be good to keep the hair out of out my face on the beach, and also they don't interfere with Nectar sunglasses.  Win, win. Banded Headband and Nectar glasses in this one...


If you try any of these things, let me know how you lik them!

No comments:

Post a Comment