Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

My Little Homebody

Miles and I spent the day together at home.  Other than a few things I wanted to accomplish around the house, we had no plans.  We started our morning with "big" pancakes.  That's what we call pancakes you actually make, as opposed to the mini frozen pancakes that he's been obsessed with for months. 



Then, the games began.  I think we played with every toy, game, or craft that we own.  I would do something around the house and then play with him for a while.  This managed to keep both of us happy.  I did all the laundry, changed the sheets, unpacked and organized a few remaining things from the move, did some ironing, painted my nails, read my SS lesson, and balanced the checkbook...just to name a few things.

Here's what Miles accomplished today.  Played UNO Moo...


Played Sequence...


Played with Playdoh...


Tried to dodge my pictures...


Played with his castle...


Made a tent...


....and played with letter magnets on the fridge...


We also started a new game that I think will be good for both of us.  Our computer is now in the kitchen, which I love.  While I was working in the kitchen, he typed words.  He would tell me what word he wanted to spell and then I would give him the letters. They've been learning letters at school for a long time, but he still has trouble with them.  He loves to find them on the keyboard.  I also taught him how to use the backspace and enter buttons today.  


These are the words he chose to spell...


For dinner, I offered to take him out to eat.  I needed to go to Walmart for one thing.  I told him that we could go eat, run to Walmart quickly, and then we could stop by the yogurt shop on our way home.  He wanted none of it.  I asked if he just wanted me to cook something for him and he said yes, and then told me to "surprise him".  That's his favorite thing to say about a snack too.  I took the easy way out for dinner.  Grilled cheese, pretzels, and an orange....  


We still had to run to the store quickly for one thing, which he was not happy about at all.  The errand probably took 10 minutes round trip, but trying to get him ready to leave and in the car took at least 20 minutes of persuasion.  I'm sure many of you are thinking how ridiculous that is, but it's just life with our strong willed child.  You have to see it to appreciate it.

He was happy as could be once we were home.  He watched the Lorax...


...while I made a Pinterest project to help him with his letters.  He drives a car to the letter I tell him.  It turned out cute and he likes it.



We colored for a while and then called it a day.  


He also took a 3 hour nap somewhere in there.  He randomly told me twice today that he likes our new house.  After a long day at home, with lots of playtime with me, I think he went to bed a very happy little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment