Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Miles' Big Boy Room

After several weeks of planning and buying the paint, bedding, and accessories, it was finally time to redo Miles' room into a big boy room. I had off on Veteran's Day so my mom came up so we could work while Miles' was at daycare. I knew it would be hard, but I really wanted to have it all finished when Miles came home.

Before we get to the good pictures, why is it that the rest of the house looks like this when you are working on a project?






The first job was painting. We used low VOC paint to cut down on the smell & fumes in his room. It was the first time I used that type of paint. Even though I would use it again, it was like painting with slime. It took some getting used to and took a lot longer to paint than regular paint. Picking out a paint color is so tricky to me. Luckily I was very happy with this color.





I am very happy with the finished product...







He now has pictures of all his besties in his room. The dinosaurs were $1 each from Walmart. They were a complete afterthought & probably his favorite part. He now has six of them.







My mom added the ribbon to the curtains. She also added backing to make his room extra dark for nap time.




I got this idea from Pinterest. It is an oil drip pan. I bought it from Advance Auto for $12. Several people have asked how I mounted it. I used white double sided mounting tape. Good/easy for me, bad for the next owner of our house. This morning before church, he had disappeared and was very quiet. I went to find him and he was playing with all of the magnets.




This was his expression when he saw it for the first time. Not very memorable, but I know he liked it. We had been telling him for several weeks that his room was going to be blue and that he was going to have dinosaurs on his wall and bed.



See, he likes it...


Pointing to all of his friends...especially Avery Reece...


We finished with about 5 minutes to spare. It was a lot of work for one day, but this smile made it all worthwhile...






Our boy is growing up...


Usually when it comes to decorating, things never turn out as I have imagined them. Not in the case. I couldn't be happier with the outcome. Miles loves it too and tells everyone about his "dinosaur bed".

No comments:

Post a Comment