Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

More Firsts

We experienced two more firsts with Miles this weekend. He slept in his twin bed for the first time last night. He did great! My mom and I are going to paint & decorate the room over Veteran's weekend, so I'll post pictures of his new room when we are finished.

The other first....Miles played outside in the backyard by himself. Granted, we never took our eyes off of him, but he played by himself nonetheless. At first, he didn't know what to do with the freedom. He kept looking back towards the door as if he doing something wrong.

He came in and out a few times to get random toys. Once he kept talking about a bug and I thought he was asking for water, but as it turns out...he wanted a fly swatter. After a lot of work, he came inside with this massive bug. To my dismay, I saw him pick the dead bug up numerous times with his hands instead of scooping it up. I had to remind myself that it was just a bug and that's just what boys do.

He just wanted to throw it away like I do when I swat flies in the house.

He also did a lot of "work" with his Handy Manny tools...



At one point, he tried to order a cheeseburger through the window....maybe I need to re-evaluate how much we eat fast food. I didn't think it was a lot, but obviously it's too much.

I was reassured when he told me that he was cooking chicken on the grill...

...and here he is saying, "I make peas for YOU!"

He also chased Mack around the yard a lot.

We enjoyed watching him play by himself. He loved being outside and the independence of it. The bed was a bigger milestone for me, and playing outside by himself was more significant for Darrin. Both reminded us how fast he is growing up. We are loving every second of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment