Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Vacation - Day 4

I decided to take Miles back to Downtown Disney on the last day while Darrin was working so that he could see Buzz one more time. It was right across from our hotel so we just walked over. Darrin had to use the car everyday so we were limited on what we could do. It's probably a good thing b/c it kept me away from the bazillions of outlets they have in Orlando.

We didn't take any pictures with Buzz b/c I learned my lesson the first time and didn't let him out of the stroller on this trip. He was content to just stroll around and see everything. These characters were all made out of Legos...


After we were finished walking around, I decided to let him play in the jumping fountains.

He liked watching it but wasn't real crazy when it all came out at once....


After Downtown Disney, Darrin was finished working, so we went swimming. Miles always had to say hi to Mickey on the way to the pool. He's actually giving him a kiss here...

And a kiss for mom...


Love it...

After swimming, a nap, and a quick dinner at Chickfila, we decided to go back to Sea World. We got there around 6:30pm. Everyone felt better and it was a lot cooler outside.

First we visited the dolphins. Miles really liked them.


Next were the penguins. Unfortunately they are in a season right now where they only have the lights on in the exhibit from 11pm to 3am in order to portray their natural habitat. You could see them, but I'm not sure Miles could.

On the way in, he gave the penguin a high five...

I feel certain he like the penguin game better than the actual exhibit.


Next we went to the sea lions. They were pretty cool and fairly active, so they were fun to watch. This was my probably my favorite exhibit.


We did a few other things and then decided to call it a day. On the way out, they have an aquarium that was associated with the Manta roller coaster. I really, really wanted to ride the roller coaster. I was prepared to do so by myself, even though I had on a dress, but the wait time never got below 40 minutes. So, we settled for the Manta aquarium. It turned out to be one of the coolest attractions. The fish and stingrays were so pretty.

This is one of those things you climb up in. It was a really tight fit...we didn't linger...

Sea World part II was much better than part I. We left a happy family...

So that is our trip. The next day we were on the road by 7am and made it home sometime between 8-9pm. It was a fun trip. We had plans to meet friends for dinner and see family while we were there, but they didn't work out. It's different when you go on a trip like this for business. Darrin had to spend a lot of time working. Overall, I think it was a productive trip for him...we got to spend Father's Day with him....and Miles and I enjoyed some downtime away from home. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment