Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Slight Obsession

Miles has a thing about shoes. Darrin does too. So I don't know if he gets it honest, or if it's b/c I've just always put shoes on him. I never liked socks alone b/c they wouldn't stay on and I wanted his feet to stay warm. When I get him dressed in the morning, even if everything is a challenge, he will calmly give me one foot at a time to put on his socks and shoes.

He also likes to play with his shoes in his room. They are in a basket that he can reach. I frequently find shoes all over his room. Tonight he found some new shoes that he's never worn. They are for winter and still a little big. He brought them to me and wanted me to put them on him. He then proceeded to stomp all over the house in his pjs and shoes. They have a hard rubber sole so they make a lot of noise.


In this pic, he is kicking his feet on the floor making noise...


Poor Miles had a rough day at daycare. His diaper leaked, he fell on the sidewalk and scrapped his nose (4th time), and got bit by a friend. I fed him some comfort food....chicken nuggets, mac & cheese, and a banana, and things were all better.

He caught his second wind after his bath tonight. The boy was wound up. I've never seen him so hyper. He was practically running around the house with his push toys. He got in trouble multiple times for hitting Mack. After sternly telling him no over and over again, I thought I would spat his hand to see if it had any effect. He laughed in my face. Literally. That confirmed my desire to not want to discipline like that. He's fast asleep now. As hard as he played tonight, I feel sure he'll stay that way until morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment